What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website, you may provide us with two types of information: Personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal Information You Choose to provide:
- Registration InformationYou will provide us information about yourself and/or your company when you register to be a member of rentbits.com, register for certain services, or register for email newsletters and alerts. You may also provide additional comments on how you see rentbits.com servicing your needs and interest.
- E-mail InformationIf you choose to correspond with us or one of our clients via e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages together with your e-mail address and response.
- Phone Number InformationIf you choose to correspond with us or a client via phone, we may collect the phone number and track how long the duration of the call was for reporting purposes.
- E-mail a FriendWe sometimes offer you the ability to send e-mail to a friend or other third party. E-mail a Friend functionality is for informational purposes only and may not be used for any unlawful purpose.
Website Use Information
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site.
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
We also enable third party advertiser/cookies that may use information about your visit to display ads to you while visiting other sites.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
A Referrer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and is automatically collected by our web server as “traffic data”. We use traffic data to credit your referral to a partner or affiliate who referred you to our web site. This information may also be used by rentbits.com to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests. You will not be personally identified from this information.
Links to Other Sites
Our website links to other websites and other websites link to us. These websites may collect personally identifiable information about you. rentbits.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your rentbits.com password to anyone. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify rentbits.com and change your password.
With whom do you share collected information?
We may share personal information with partners, service providers, or third parties as needed to fulfill our service commitment to you and/or deliver products and services to you. In every case, we will strive to require said third party to use your personal information only to complete the necessary transaction. rentbits will share only the personal information necessary to complete the required transaction.
We may also disclose personal information if permitted to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
Do you sell or share any of the collected personal information with third parties?
Yes, we share your information as needed to connect you with a service provider, if you have requested us to do so. Requesting information about a service provider will cause us to share your information with third parties. Depending on the product, service, or referral requested, we will share with others your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.